Microsoft has announced the release of the Windows 11 23H2 update, which is the major update for Windows 11 in the year (although it has come after a shift towards a distributed update policy). This update will be available on September 26, 2023.
One standout feature is Copilot, which now has its own logo and separate app, but its main function remains as a chat interface for task commands from the sidebar (formerly known as Windows Copilot, now named Copilot in Windows).
Other new additions include:
– Microsoft Paint: It has added a comprehensive set of features, such as deleting backgrounds, layers, and AI-powered image creation.
– Snipping Tools: Now capable of reading text from images and performing quick redaction by removing text from images.
– Notepad: Automatic session saving.
– New Outlook for Windows: Replacing Mail & Calendar.
– New File Explorer: Built with WinUI, featuring a redesigned interface and added gallery view display.
– Photos: Supports one-click background blur and easier image search on OneDrive.
– Windows Backup: A new app for cross-device file backup.
– Clipchamp: Enhances video editing by providing professional-level recommendations through the auto compose feature.
– Windows Hello: Supports Passkey for login.
TLDR: Microsoft has announced the Windows 11 23H2 update, featuring the independent Copilot, improvements to Microsoft Paint, Snipping Tools, Notepad, File Explorer, Photos, Windows Backup, Clipchamp, and Windows Hello. This major update will be available on September 26, 2023.