Sony has unveiled the Sony Xperia 5 V, their second flagship smartphone of the year, following the release of Xperia 1 V several months ago. The Xperia 5 V sets itself apart with its smaller display size and fewer cameras compared to the Xperia 1 V.
Here is a brief overview of the specifications of the Sony Xperia 5 V:
- 6.1-inch OLED display with FHD+ resolution and 120Hz refresh rate, featuring a 21:9 aspect ratio
- Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 chipset
- 8GB RAM
- 265GB storage capacity
- Support for micro SD card
- Support for WiFi 6e and Bluetooth 5.3
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor integrated with the power button
- IP65/IP68 water and dust resistance
- 5000mAh battery capacity, capable of charging from 0% to 50% in 30 minutes
- 48MP main camera with a 1/1.3-inch sensor size and 24mm focal length
- 12MP ultrawide camera with a 1/2.5-inch sensor size and 16mm focal length
- 12MP front-facing camera with a 1/2.9-inch sensor size and 24mm focal length
The Sony Xperia 5 V is available in three colors: black, white, and blue. It is priced at 999 Euro, and the release date is yet to be announced.